Visitor Services Associate
Position Title: Visitor Services Associate (Part-Time)
Reports to: Manager, Visitor Services and Retail Operations
Location: MOHAI, at the historic Armory building in Seattle’s South Lake Union Park
Job Status / Hours: Part-time (regularly scheduled up to 20 hours per week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Candidates must be available for variable hours, including days, evenings, and weekends.
Pay rate: $12.00 per hour
Visitor Services Associates are responsible for greeting visitors with courtesy and professionalism, serving the public through friendly and accurate sales of admissions, memberships, and retail merchandise. Position also serves where needed in galleries and museum common areas, helping to ensure a positive visitor experience.
- Contribute to outstanding customer service by friendly and courteous interactions with visitors and staff.
- Work at the Museum’s Admissions Desk, in the Museum’s Retail Store, and where needed in the Museum.
- Handle phone calls, respond to questions, and receive museum visitors and administrative guests.
- Cashier for Admissions, Membership sales, and Retail merchandise.
- Provides for accurate tracking of MOHAI assets by properly receiving, storing, organizing, and inventorying stock.
- Collaborate with Department Manager regarding overall customer care and operational support, as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Previous cashiering experience in customer service, retail, concierge, hospitality, or equivalent field
- Accurate data entry skills; competent with office software including MS Word and Outlook
- Communicate well in written and oral format
- Works effectively in a high volume, high energy environment.
- Able to work with a computer keyboard and monitor; able to lift 30 lbs.
- Enjoys sharing information, managing data, and organizing merchandise
- Must get along with others, be dependable and punctual, maintain security, and have flexible schedule.
- Enthusiasm for MOHAI’s exhibits, programs, and mission are a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume using this online form
Please no walk-in or phone calls
Museum History and Mission:
The Museum of History & Industry (MOHAI) is dedicated to enriching lives by preserving and sharing the diverse history of Seattle and the Puget Sound with the community. For more than 50 years, MOHAI has brought Puget Sound’s unique history to life for visitors. MOHAI recently relocated to the beautifully restored historic landmark Naval Reserve Building (Armory) at South Lake Union, with exciting new exhibits. Situated in the urban core of the Puget Sound region, MOHAI is one of the most innovative history museums in the country.
MOHAI is a 501(C)3 Organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.