Museum of History & Industry and Seattle Children's Theatre
Camp takes place at MOHAI
We’re going on an adventure this summer at MOHAI on Lake Union Park, and we need your help to get moving. During daily adventures throughout the museum, we’ll examine mysterious artifacts and photographs as we explore the history of how people traveled by foot, boat, railroad, airplane, and more. We’ll build model boats to float in the boat pond, read books about historic journeys, and design new forms of transportation for the future. With your SCT teaching artist, you enter an interactive dramatic story that you help create as you act it, discovering and creating new ways to travel through field and forest, across mountains, over oceans and into the skies.
- Ages: entering grades 2 - 3
- Dates: June 22 - 26, 2015
- Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm. Extended care offered 4:00pm - 5:30pm.
- Cost: Before May 31: $310. After May 31: $335. 5% discount offered to MOHAI members and SCT subscribers. Financial aid available based on need.
- Registration: Begins February 9; early registration deadline is May 31. Visit www.sct.org to register.
Back to the Future - Innovate! Edition
Museum of History & Industry and Pacific Science Center
Camp takes place at MOHAI and PSC
What is innovation? Where do good ideas come from? Join MOHAI and Pacific Science Center as we explore innovations from the past, develop our own brilliant ideas for the future, and discover what it takes to become a master innovator. Spend your mornings at MOHAI and the Bezos Center for Innovation, where we'll learn the special skills that help innovators get creative and think differently. Then walk to Pacific Science Center to spend the afternoons exploring the science behind some great ideas. Explore solar power, wind energy and bridge design to investigate how science is fueling innovation of the future.
- Ages: entering grades 4 - 6
- Dates: July 13 - 17, 2015
- Hours: 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Cost: Before April 30: $320 for members/$345 for non-members. After April 30: $345 for members/$370 for non-members
- Registration: Begins March 2; early registration for PSC and MOHAI members begins February 25. Visit www.pacificsciencecenter.org to register.
Seafaring Adventure Camp
Museum of History & Industry, Center for Wooden Boats, Steamship Virginia V, and Northwest Seaport
Camp takes place at MOHAI, CWB, and the Historic Ships Warf in Lake Union Park
Embark on a seafaring adventure this summer at Lake Union Park! This week-long camp will occur on land and in boats on the waters of Lake Union, where campers will explore life on board a ship, the science of steam powered engines, navigation, model sail boat building, and more. Don't miss the fun!
- Ages: entering grades 3 - 5
- Dates: August 10 - 14, 2015
- Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm. Extended care offered 4:00pm - 5:00pm.
- Cost: Before April 30: $300 for members/$325 for non-members. After April 30: $325 for members/$350 for non-members. Optional extended care available for $45 for the week. Financial aid available based on need.
- Registration: Begins March 2; early registration for CWB and MOHAI members begins February 9. Check back here for registration link.