Back to the Future - Innovate! Edition
Museum of History & Industry and Pacific Science Center
Camp takes place at MOHAI and PSC
MOHAI and Pacific Science Center are going “back to the future”. Join us as we discover inventions of the past, present and future. Campers will explore the notion of a great idea, and learn how creativity, collaboration and perseverance turn ideas into reality. All week you’ll spend your mornings at MOHAI, home of the new Bezos Center for Innovation, then walk to Pacific Science Center to spend the afternoons exploring the science behind the designs and concepts.
- Ages: entering grades 4 - 6
- Dates: July 14-18, 2014
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Cost: Before April 30: $310 for members/$335 for non-members. After April 30: $335 for members/$360 for non-members
- Registration: Begins March 3; early registration for members begins February 27. Visit www.pacificsciencecenter.org to register.
Museum of History & Industry and Seattle Children's Theatre
Camp takes place at MOHAI
We’re going on an adventure this summer at MOHAI on Lake Union Park, and we need your help to get moving. During daily adventures throughout the museum, we’ll examine mysterious artifacts and photographs as we explore the history of how people traveled by foot, boat, railroad, airplane, and more. We’ll build model boats to float in the boat pond, read books about historic journeys, and design new forms of transportation for the future. With your SCT teaching artist, you enter an interactive dramatic story that you help create as you act it, discovering and creating new ways to travel through field and forest, across mountains, over oceans and into the skies.
- Ages: entering grades 2 - 3
- Dates: July 28 – August 1, 2014
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm. Extended care offered 4:00pm – 5:30pm.
- Cost: Before May 31: $300. After May 31: $325. 5% discount offered to MOHAI members and SCT subscribers. Financial aid available based on need.
- Registration: Begins February 10; early registration deadline is May 31. Visit www.sct.org to register.
Museum of History & Industry and Center for Wooden Boats
Camp takes place at MOHAI and CWB
Discover life on land and in water during this exciting camp, exploring all the ways people live in, on and near the water! Each day we’ll focus on a different theme such as transportation, recreation, or stewardship of our precious rivers, lakes, and seas. Camp will take place at the beautiful new MOHAI, as well as on Lake Union in boats with CWB. Don’t miss the fun!
- Ages: entering grades 3 - 5
- Dates: August 18 – 22, 2014
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm. Extended care offered 4:00pm-5:30pm.
- Cost: Before April 30: $300 for members/$325 for non-members. After April 30: $325 for members/$350 for non-members. Optional extended care costs $40 for the week. Financial aid available based on need.
- Registration: Begins March 3; early registration for members begins February 10. Click here to register.