Back to the Future
Museum of History & Industry and Pacific Science Center
Camp takes place at MOHAI and PSC
Team up with the Museum of History & Industry and Pacific Science Center to go "back to the future" and create a vision for the Seattle of tomorrow. Handle artifacts and explore the inventions of the past, then design your own inventions of the future! Work together to build a futuristic model city and produce a video to promote it as a wonderful new place to live or visit. All week you'll spend your mornings at MOHAI's new location on South Lake Union gaining historical perspective for inspiration, then walk to Pacific Science Center to spend the afternoons exploring the science behind innovation.
- Ages: entering grades 4 - 6
- Dates: July 15 – 19, 2013
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:30pm (Extended care not available)
- Cost: Before April 30: $310 for members/$335 for non-members. After April 30: $335 for members/$360 for non-members
- Registration: Begins March 1st; early registration for members begins February 25th. Visit www.pacificsciencecenter.org to register.
Museum of History & Industry and Seattle Children's Theatre
Camp takes place at MOHAI
We're going on an adventure this summer at the new MOHAI at Lake Union Park, and we need your help to get moving! During daily adventures throughout the museum, we'll examine mysterious artifacts and photographs as we explore the history of how people traveled by foot, boat, railroad, airplane, and more! We'll build model sailboats to float in Lake Union, construct a new and improved railroad, and design innovative cars of tomorrow, unlocking mysteries of our past and future.
With your SCT teaching artist, you will be part of an interactive dramatic story that you help create as you act it, joining the brave but bumbling explorer Trailblazer Kit on a quest through time and space to rescue Kit's mysterious twin – discovering and creating new ways to travel through field and forest, across mountains, over oceans, and into the skies.
- Ages: entering grades 2 - 3
- Dates: July 29 – August 2, 2013
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm. Extended care offered 8:00am – 8:45am and 4:00pm – 5:30pm.
- Cost: Before April 30: $300. After April 30: $325. 5% discount offered to MOHAI members and SCT subscribers. Financial aid available based on need.
- Registration: Begins February 11; early registration deadline is April 30. Visit www.sct.org to register.
Water Ways *SOLD OUT*
Museum of History & Industry and Center for Wooden Boats
Camp takes place at MOHAI and CWB
Explore life on land and in water during this exciting camp, exploring all the ways people live in, on, and near the water! Each day we'll focus on a different theme such as transportation, recreation, and stewardship of our precious rivers, lakes, and seas. Camp will take place at the beautiful new MOHAI in Lake Union Park, as well as out on Lake Union in boats with CWB. Don't miss the fun!
- Ages: entering grades 3 - 5
- Dates: August 19 – 23, 2013
- Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm (Extended care not available)
- Cost: Before April 30: $300 for members/$325 for non-members. After April 30: $325 for members/$350 for non-members. Financial aid available based on need.
- Registration: Begins March 1; early registration for members begins February 11. Click here to register.