Museum of History & Industry
860 Terry Avenue N Seattle, WA 98109 (map)
Daily 10am – 5pm and until 8pm on Thursdays.
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
The museum will close at 2pm on December 24th and at 2pm on December 31st.
|$Senior (62 and over)/Student/Military||$12|
|Children 14 and under||Free|
|First Thursday of the Month||Free|
|Groups||Special Rates. See Group Visits page.|
|Teens (13-19)||$5 with valid TeenTix pass. Sign up online.|
Getting to MOHAI
Due to Mercer Corridor construction, the easiest way to get to MOHAI is using public transit. The South Lake Union Streetcar runs from Westlake Center Park every 15 minutes and drops off right at MOHAI’s front door. We are also accessible by many different bus routes. Plan your trip online via Metro Transit.
Special parking for MOHAI patrons is available at the AGC Lot (1200 Westlake Avenue N) (map). Parking is $5 during weekdays and $4 nights and weekends for up to 10 hours. Tickets can be validated at the MOHAI front desk. No vehicles over 20 feet tall or 25 feet long. The AGC Lot is 0.36 miles from MOHAI, a flat and a paved 7-minute walk.
- From I-5: Take Exit 167 (Mercer Street). Follow Mercer street west 3 blocks. Take a Right onto Westlake Avenue N and proceed north for about 0.25 miles. AGC lot is on the right at Highland Drive.
- From Downtown: Follow 4th Avenue north. Take a right at Virginia Street. Take left at Westlake Avenue N and proceed North for about 1 mile. AGC lot is on the right at Highland Drive.
ADA Accessible Parking
Exclusive handicap accessible parking is available at a lot adjacent to MOHAI (map).
- From I-5: Take Exit 167 (Mercer Street). Take an immediate right turn onto Fairview Ave N. Turn left on Valley street and then turn right into the first parking area driveway and approach gate. Follow directions at gate for access to lot.
- From Downtown: Follow 4th Avenue north. Take a right at Virginia Street. Take left at Westlake Avenue N. Follow 0.9 miles and take a right at Valley Street. Proceed straight east through one stop light and take a left turn into the easternmost driveway and approach gate. Follow directions at gate for access to lot. (Please note that the driveway at the intersection of Terry Ave and Valley St is an Exit-Only.)
Buses (exceeding 25 feet in length)
Drop Off/Pick Up
Buses should load and unload at the parking lot along Valley St, just south of the Lake Union Park and adjacent to the Streetcar stop (map) and 600 feet from MOHAI.
- Directions: Take Exit 167 (Mercer Street). Take a Right onto Fairview Avenue N and then take an immediate Left onto Valley Street. Turn Right into the driveway at the east end of this parking lot. Before the gate, turn left into the parking lot to drop off passengers. Exit Parking Lot through the western driveway.
The closest designated bus parking area is roughly 0.7 miles away at the Seattle Center (map)
- Directions (from Drop-Off area): Head south on Terry Avenue and turn right onto Mercer Street. Follow Mercer and merge onto Broad Street to go under SR-99. Follow to the stoplight and turn right onto 5th Avenue. Follow two blocks and take a left at Republican street. Designated curb parking is labeled around the corner on 4th Avenue.
MOHAI by Boat
Ahoy! Why drive when you could sail? Daily boat moorage is available at the Historic Ships Wharf. Contact the Center for Wooden Boats for rates and availability: 206.382.2628.