Daily, 10 am–5 pm
First Thursday of the month (free), 10 am–8 pm
Summer Extended Hours
Thursdays, July and August, 10 am–8 pm
The museum will close at 5 pm on Thursday, August 4, 2016.
Closed November 4, 2016, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
The museum will close at 2 pm on December 24, at 2 pm on December 31.
Special rates for Toys of the '50s, '60s and '70s
$14 adults; $12 student/senior/military
860 Terry Avenue N Seattle, WA 98109
- From I-5: Take Exit 167 at Mercer Street. Take an immediate right onto Fairview Avenue North. Turn left onto Valley Street and then turn right into Lake Union Park.
- From Downtown: Follow Fourth Avenue north. Take a right at Virginia Street. Take a left at Westlake Avenue North and proceed north for about 1 mile. Turn right onto Valley Street and then left into Lake Union Park.
Due to congestion in the South Lake Union neighborhood, we always recommend considering public transit.
- Route 40 stops near MOHAI on Westlake Ave N & Mercer St
- RapidRide C stops near MOHAI on Westlake Ave N & Mercer St
- The South Lake Union Streetcar runs every 15 minutes from Westlake Center Park in Downtown Seattle and drops off right at Lake Union Park. View South Lake Union Streetcar schedule information
There is a Pronto Bike Station in Lake Union Park, as well as several bike parking racks.
Daily boat moorage is available on the north and east sides of the park. Contact the Center for Wooden Boats for rates and availability: 206.382.2628.
There are several private and city-owned parking lots nearby MOHAI. See the map below for suggestions.
ADA Accessible Parking and drop-off is available next to the museum. For access, pull up to the gate at the South end of Lake Union Park and follow the instructions. (Please note – no vehicles longer than 25 feet are allowed behind the gate).
A – MOHAI main entrance
B – North Lot: ADA Parking and valet drop-off
C – Metered parking and street car stop
D – Metered parking Lot
E – AGC parking, $5/day with MOHAI validation
Please note that the walking bridge is currently closed for maintenance by Seattle Parks and Recreation. Visitors who park in the Westlake city parking or the AGC lot will need to walk around the tip of the lake and through the park (approximately 0.4 miles).
Due to Seattle city's Westlake Cycle Track construction project, parking may be disrupted along Westlake Ave. View updates from the city of Seattle
For Buses (exceeding 25 feet in length)
Drop Off/Pick Up
Buses should load and unload at the parking lot along Valley St, just south of the Lake Union Park and adjacent to the Streetcar stop (map) and 600 feet from MOHAI.
- Directions: Take Exit 167 (Mercer Street). Take a Right onto Fairview Avenue N and then take an immediate Left onto Valley Street. Turn Right into the driveway at the east end of this parking lot. Before the gate, turn left into the parking lot to drop off passengers. Exit Parking Lot through the western driveway.
The closest designated bus parking area is roughly 0.7 miles away at the Seattle Center (map)
- Directions (from Drop-Off area): Head south on Terry Avenue and turn right onto Mercer Street. Follow Mercer and merge onto Broad Street to go under SR-99. Follow to the stoplight and turn left onto 5th Avenue. Follow two blocks and take a left at Republican street. Designated curb parking is labeled around the corner on 4th Avenue.