PLEASE NOTE: Our schedule for guided field trips for the 2013/2014 school year is now essentially SOLD OUT for guided and self-guided visits, with the exception of miniMOHAI (see below) and our special Unscheduled Field Trip Days on 4/18 and 5/16. Any group may visit during regular museum hours on Unscheduled Field Trip Day without having a reservation; regular museum rates and chaperone ratio requirements apply. For more information, click here.
Explore Puget Sound’s unique history through a range of game-based programs in MOHAI’s immersive new galleries. MOHAI’s highly facilitated hands-on field trip programs use authentic historic materials to facilitate teamwork, creativity, communication, innovation, visual literacy, critical thinking, observation and problem solving skills. All MOHAI’s guided programs are aligned with Washington’s Essential Academic Learning Requirements. Click on a program title below for descriptions of each of our on-site programs.
Visits must be booked at least two weeks in advance (and generally earlier) to guarantee availability. Advance booking is required; MOHAI does not guarantee admission to student groups of 10 or more without reservations. A minimum ratio of one adult chaperone for every five students is required for all visits. Groups bringing more than one class at a time to our guided programs will rotate through the educator-led lesson, a self-guided gallery hunt, and (for four-class visits) a craft activity in our Learning Center.
Scholarships for waived or reduced field trip costs and bus reimbursement are available to schools with 40% or more of the student population eligible for the Federal Free/Reduced Lunch Program. Please indicate your eligibility when reserving your field trip.
- Before scheduling a museum visit, please thoroughly review the following: Planning Your Onsite Program and Field Trip to MOHAI [PDF] or Planning Your Self-Guided Field Trip to MOHAI [PDF]
- Still have questions? We've got your answers here: K-12 Visit FAQs
- Pre- and post-visit curriculum, activities, and forms are available on our website here: Pre- and Post-Visit Materials
- Schedule your school-year field trip: Reservation Request Form (Sept.-June visits ONLY)
- Schedule a summer student group visit: Summer Reservation Request Form (June 23rd-Sept. 1st ONLY)