|MOHAI is now SOLD OUT for guided morning and midday field trips for the 2015/2016 school year. Self-guided field trips for groups of 60 students or fewer are still available on select dates. Field trip groups of any size may also still visit on our Unscheduled Group Visit Days - click here for more information. Field trips for the 2016/2017 school year can be booked up to 12 months in advance. If you have any questions please contact the Scheduling Coordinator by email or at 206 324 1126 Ex 113.|
Explore Puget Sound’s unique history through a range of game-based programs in MOHAI’s immersive new galleries. MOHAI’s highly facilitated hands-on field trip programs use authentic historic materials to promote teamwork, creativity, communication, innovation, visual literacy, critical thinking, observation and problem solving skills. All MOHAI’s guided programs are aligned with Washington’s Essential Academic Learning Requirements. Click on a program title below for descriptions of each of our on-site programs.
Visits must be booked at least two weeks in advance (and generally earlier) to guarantee availability. Advance booking is required; MOHAI does not guarantee admission to student groups of 10 or more without reservations. A minimum ratio of one adult chaperone for every five students is required for all visits. Groups bringing more than one class at a time to our guided programs will rotate through the educator-led lesson, a self-guided gallery hunt, and (for four-class visits) a craft activity in our Learning Center.
Scholarships for waived or reduced field trip costs and bus reimbursement are available to schools with 40% or more of the student population eligible for the Federal Free/Reduced Lunch Program. Please indicate your eligibility when reserving your field trip.
- Before scheduling a museum visit, please thoroughly review the following: Planning Your Onsite Program and Field Trip to MOHAI [PDF] or Planning Your Self-Guided Field Trip to MOHAI [PDF]
- Still have questions? We've got your answers here: K-12 Visit FAQs
- Pre- and post-visit curriculum, activities, and forms are available on our website here: Pre- and Post-Visit Materials
- Schedule your school-year field trip (October-June ONLY): 2015/2016 or 2016/2017 Reservation Request Form
- Schedule your summer field trip (June 22-Sept. 2 ONLY): Summer Reservation Request Form